Looking beyond the standard with wallcoverings can create a very standout design presence. Instead of meshing a colour scheme with a sense of place, designer Irakli Zaria used rich gold and turquoise as an antidote to gloomy London days in this chic pied-à-terre. “In a spot the place there are such cloudy skies, it is unnecessary to have a grey interior,” he says. Layering patterns in a variety of styles and scales is an easy approach to add visual curiosity to a room.
- Replace carpeting with hardwood flooring to make your house feel larger, suggests Hairston.
- If you’re promoting your home, you may wish to paint it this shade to net an additional $5,000.
- This chandelier would add a component of luxury to any home decor ideas for lounge or dining room.
- Add a easy DIY detailing to primary towels to indicate off your signature type, suggests luxurious inside designer Charmaine Wynter.
- From family pictures to DIY artwork, framed works can make a home really feel like a home.